Saturday, October 8, 2011

Haul: Ilog Maria


Above image is what's left of my second Ilog Maria haul. That's 3/4 of their Honey Glycerin Face Soap, whole Honey Propolis Feminine Wash, half of their Milk and Honey Soap, a whole bar of lavender soap, Propolis Throat Spray with a few squirts used and a month's supply of Royal Jelly. I forgot to add in the family size shampoo and lip balm.

Just to confess publicly, it took me over a week to pay for my order after getting a confirmation. It wasn't because I was out of money. The haul costs less than a thousand and considering how many products I got and how happy I am with them, I consider the price really good. My hubby just kept forgetting to pay for me though. I got really embarrassed over it but thankfully enough, Ilog Maria sent me my order promptly after confirming payment. I am a bad bad costumer.

To give a quick overview of the products, I'd have to say that the honey face soap smells weird and as expected of a glycerin soap, melts easily. I can't vouch for effectiveness yet as I have yet to finish off the quarter of a bar I'm using. The feminine wash smells delicious and also melts easily. It probably is delicious as the rats got to it one night. Thank goodness I like using my soaps by quarters so I still have some left. It leaves a minty feeling behind. The milk and honey soap is love. I use it as hand soap and it doesn't dry my hands no matter how often I wash and with taking care of the baby, I wash my hands lots without moisturizing with lotion or oil after. I also love the lavender soap and it leaves a really good smell but it's a little more drying but not by much. The throat spray tastes weird but is effective for bad mouth stuff. I have to remember to reorder 2 more of these. Warning on overuse though as I sprayed a little too much one night and woke up with a really sore throat. 2 sprays on a single day max. The royal jelly I bought for my mother and she says it tastes weird. No note on whether she's feeling a bit more spry.

On a note on the ones not in the picture, the shampoo, I still love lots and not regretting getting the family size at all. The reason for the second haul is actually because I ran out of their personal size shampoo and I wanted to repurchase. They also have a personal size lavender version which sounds promising. The lip balm, I also love but regretting buying as the old tub is not even a quarter used up. The thing about buying handmade and/or organic is you have to use it up within 6 months as they usually don't have preservatives. With how little I actually use per swipe, I'm not sure I'm going to finish off 2 tubs within said period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...