Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: Butterfly Twists Leather

Chicify is currently on sale and I got myself a pair of flats. They're a pair of twisty flats in black from Butterfly Twists. They're available in small, medium and large sizes, hovering between two shoe sizes per option. I got them for P649.50 plus delivery costs.

They initially had a very bad first impression for me and I was wondering what the heck I was doing buying a pair online just because they were 50% off. The fit was too tight for me and there was a little bunching by my toes. Based on experience, bunchings like that would feel like a nail was drilling on them by the end of a long day.

Reading up the bill and finding that I can't return or exchange on sale items made me reconsider them. Yes, I am that kind of person. I checked the bunching and found that I could actually adjust them. The first time I saw the pair, they were this twisted unruly things. You actually have to adjust them a little inside so that they would align before you wear them the first time.

Going out for a spin on these for 2 hours, I've made peace with the pair. They're not super comfortable but they're not bad either. It's a so-so kind of thing for me.

First off, the back of my heel hurt a little because of the elastic. I tend to have that problem with a lot of shoes. Other than the back of the heel, the fit is tight, but not so much that you feel like you put your foot in a sardine can. It's a hug kind of tight which I like and I love the fact that they make my feet look so small.

The soles are silicon and provides great traction. They're thin but I walked the whole 2 hours and the soles absorbed the shocks so the pads of my feet don't feel like I walked in them that long. I even skipped a few times.

For the twist part, they're easy to fold and come with a bag to store them in. The bag is a little big and the ribbon was a little hard to pull at first but I got the ribbon to pull eventually and the bag is easily folded up into something smaller.


All in all, I like them. Not love but like is good. I like them so much I'm wondering if it's excessive to buy another one. I'm loving the gold but the silver and the white seems like they'd work for me too. And the satin ones look really darling too.






Pictures from the Chicify website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...