Saturday, September 8, 2012

Craves: Revlon

I got bitten by a new bug when I stopped over the Revlon counter to check out some of their products when I passed by.


 I love buying lippies. Right now, I have a lip stain, a lip balm, a lip gloss and a lipstick in my bag. I keep trying to minimize but I always get some lip product stuck somewhere. It’s just so hard to resist a good shade sometimes. And lip balms and lip stains are multipurpose, right? So I checked out the new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, though truthfully, I didn’t have a lot of expectations. The shades were pretty and perfect and it was obviously a moisturizing product when I swatched it on my hand. The packaging was cute, like a jumbo color pencil. But then I have a lipstain and a lip balm, so I asked for the price and went my merry way to the office. After office hours, I checked my hand and noticed that the shade was still there. Faint but definitely there. That’s a sure win for me, pretty, long-lasting and moisturizing. It made me check some of their other products just in case something else catches my eye.



I’m liking the looks of the ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup. I have a similar product stocked at home and I love the shade payoff, the light feeling on the skin and the long wear time, at least on my combination skin type. My old product has already been discontinued, however and I’m thinking this is great sub. One possible con is the silicone, “dimethicone”, as it could possibly break me out.


I’m new to the brow make-up thing but as previously mentioned, I’m trying it out these days and the ColorStay Brow Enhancer has promise. I like double-duty products and based on majority of the reviews, it works well as colored wax and highlighter. Too bad it doesn’t have a brow brush included but I do cart around a separate brow brush so it’s not such a bad thing.

I want to try the ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick. I’ve always wanted a non-powder eyeshadow that has staying power. Blending is hard, according to some reviews, but I'm not going to let that stop me from wanting to try it.

All pictures from the product website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...