Friday, December 23, 2011

Love: Next9 Tushy Wushy Cloth Diapers


Before I gave birth, I made the decision to use cloth diapers on my little bundle of joy. I wasn't sure if there were any available locally at that time but I was prepared to use the bird's eye lampin if need be. Thankfully, as I was checking out the many wonders of motherhood online, I came across Tushy Wushies.

These diapers are available through a whole gamut of online stores. Just find a local online store specializing in baby and preggy stuff and you'll find that they're selling these diapers. Next9 has an online store of their own and since I believe in eliminating middlemen in transactions, I transacted with them directly from the contact details from their website.


We started with only 2 packs. One pack comes in a bundle of 3 like colors of pocket diapers and inserts. Our first order were greens and denims. It sometimes got hellish with only 6 sets as we had to make sure the diapers were washed as soon as possible. As we line-dry after a spin cycle, there were times when we ran out as we had to wait for the diapers to dry. This was a nightmare during the first month when baby eats and poops every 2 to 3 hours. We added another 2 sets of blues and oranges and it became so much easier to manage after that. It helped that with the baby's bigger tummy, he didn't need to poop as much as before though we still try to change his diapers every 3 hours as much as possible.


I'm absolutely happy with my decision to stick with pocket cloth diapers and with buying from a local supplier. Please note that these are actually sourced from China but I'm happy with the construction, the tab spaces, the absorbency and the fit on my little boy. Above is a picture when he was a teeny newborn and below is one when he grew into this bundle of sugar-coated typhoon. They fit him then and they fit him now. Hopefully, they fit him next month.

I confess that life is not perfect with cloth-diapering. Flushing and washing poop out isn't the best thing in the world and I completely dread the mess when he starts on solid food. I'm taking heart in the fact that my little baby has this big smile on his face because he's so comfortable with the diapers, even when it takes us a while to remember that we missed his scheduled change.

Initial picture from the product facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...